1 Jonathan's smoked chicken.
500g Egg noodle pappardelle or pasta of your choice.
1 large brown onion.
1 tablespoon of olive oil.
1 tablespoon of fine balsamic vinegar
100grams of butter
1 Chicken stock cube.
200mls of fresh cream
A big hand full of washed baby spinach leaves
1. Remove skin and completely de-bone chicken. Cut flesh into chunks. (You can save the skin & bones to make a smoked chicken stock. Freeze for later use)
2. Prepare/cook pasta as directed on pack.
3. Finely chop onion & gently fry in olive oil until golden. (5-7 minutes)
4. Then add the balsamic vinegar and fry until the vinegar reduces into the onion.
5. Add butter and continue to gently fry. Do not burn onion base.
6. Add crumbled chicken cube and cream to onions & simmer gently for 5 minutes.
7. Finally add the chopped chicken meat and warm through. Season with pepper to taste.
8. Drain the pasta & return to the hot pot. Add raw spinach leaves to the hot pasta and then gently fold through the chicken onion sauce. (Serves 6)